Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Review - Vincent Longo Water Canvas Creme to Powder foundation


You don't have to have deep pockets to get decent makeup. You just have to time it right. The Vincent Longo Water Canvas Creme to Powder (wow that's a mouthful) foundation retails for $57 + tax but I snatched it up for $8.55 from SpaceNK (US website), see here. Unfortunately they seem have to finished their stock :( but you can still purchase this shade for $19 here and of course you can purchase the entire line at Beauty.com , Dermstore.com and even HSN!


It was a bit of a gamble as I had never heard of the brand and had little information on which colour would suit me, however it was too good an opportunity to try something high end for a budget price and I bought the shade - Cafe Soleil which is perfect for me.

The shade selection is actually pretty decent and all the shades have a neutral base, so they work for both warm and cool toned peeps.

The other reason for this being a gamble was the formula. I have never worn a creme to powder foundation and it's fair to say I was skeptical that it would work for me. Boy was I wrong because I love it! It is actually a great formula for all skin types, but especially good for dry skin type. The water in the creme is super evident and I think that the foundation would glide seamlessly over any dry patches. On my combination skin, it felt hydrating without feeling greasy and left a gentle dewy finish. If you have an oily skin type, you should top off with some powder, which I did but only in my T-Zone where I am prone to get shiny spots in the afternoon.

Yesterday I found out that Vincent Longo suggest that you use a sponge to apply this foundation, however since I was blissfully unaware, I reached for my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which worked wonderfully, so I don't think you necessarily need a sponge for this foundation. Just use a flat top Kabuki or a brush that will allow you to really buff the foundation into your skin and make it look natural.

See me below with this foundation with some powder (Make Up Forever HD Powder) and I added a bit of blush (The Balm Instain Blush in Lace - see my review here).




Have you made a discovery like this when you bought something on a whim and found your new holy grail product? Let me know your thoughts on impulse buys like this and if you fancy a bargain, follow me on twitter and I will let you know when I find something good.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>