Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Menu - October Favourites

Can you believe that November is well and truly underway now? I realise that October favourites was missing from my post feed so I got straight onto it. This month it was especially easy for me to pick my favourites as I really haven't been chopping and changing my look very much. You'll also notice that it's mostly a drugstore filled post today!



I have a sweet tooth, and this month's non beauty favourite is Trader Joes Cinnamon Coffee Cake. It's the most gorgeous light and generously sweet cake that you think of all day during work and look forward to having a slice of as soon as you get home. Both Aditya and I have been loving this cake for a while but especially this month as the weather has gotten us down and we've resorted to golfing down sugary treats as a pick me up :)

Now for the beauty favourites. Lets start with nails, this month I have been rocking an easy yet striking nail look with the Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Jungle and OPI Only Gold For Me combo. I have a NOTD post dedicated to this look right here.

When the inevitable happens and I manage to smudge one nail of the ten, I am left with no choice but to sigh and bring out my Bourjois 1 Seconde Dissolvant Miraculeux, or Magic Nail Polish Remover. It's basically a dinky bottle filled with a sponge that has a hole in it and has been soaked in nail polish remover. I have heard loads of people say that they love the way this smells (including Lily Pebbles), but the smell is not for me. What I do love is the convinience of not having to buss out the old nail polish remover bottle and a cotton pad and then while you are trying to clean up that one nail you messed up, you managed to mess up another four. This is a genius product and sadly like many things, only available in the UK. However, you could easily recreate it at home. All you need is an empty clean bottle and some sponge and some nail polish remover! I am sure it would work just as well as the Bourjois 1 Seconde Dissolvant Miraculeux!!

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover

The other miracle product of the bunch is the Tangle Teezer ($17.99) which is a hair brush that is meant to remove tangles from wet and dry hair. Since I am trying to grow my hair to donate to Locks of love, I am suffering from the tangling issues quite a bit. I was skeptical whether a plastic brush was going to be the answer to my tangling woes. But prepare to be stunned, this brush is amazing. The bristles alternate between short and longer plastic bristles. They are strategically placed to break through the tangles without any pulling or breakage at all. I think this is a must have for anyone with tangle issues. These brushes are really easy to clean too. You can find them here.


Tangle Teezer

I have been loving the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm which is an amazing matte lipstick in a pot and comes with a lip brush. The colour can be layered for a deep dramatic look or lightly applied for an everyday look. The lasting power and the non-drying formula makes this a huge hit for me and I have been rocking a dramatic lip to work and out all month. You can find a detailed review of the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm here.

My other makeup favourite is something I have already reviewed here. It's an amazing steal for just £1.99 and is unfortunately found only in the UK and maybe EU. It's the Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks blush in Pink Cloud. These blushes are so soft and blendable and really easy to apply.

I have been wanting to mix up my mascara this month. I feel like the Benefit They're Real has been gracing my lashes for long enough, time for a change. And the change has coem in the form of this beauty. Revlon's Lash Potion is only $4.75 and is packaged in a giant tube adorned with these amazing colours. I picked mine up at CVS and didn't realise that I had bought the Blackened Brown version but to be honest, it looks fine so I've not bothered to exchange it for the Black version. This mascara is not waterproof but lasts and lasts on me. I love the wand which is huge and stiff (still talking about the mascara wand) and really seperates my lashes and coats each on evenly. The formula is wet but doesnt clump. It's a mascara that's easy to remove in the evenings and I am loving it for day to day use. Well done Revlon!

Revlon's Lash Potion

The final two items are a bit pricey and luxurious. The first is my much loved Diptyque candle in Lilas which I picked up on Hautelook for half price which means that while I did get a good deal it was still a lot more than I'd pay for a candle this size. This particular fragrance has been discontinued I think but it's gorgeous and warm nonetheless and fills my apartment with a beautiful aroma of lilies of the valley.

Diptyque candle

The last item I am going to mention is a recent purchase from HSN and it's the Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain in the shade Flush. I love this colour so much that I might even be willing to say that this might be my favourite lip shade of all time for my lips. I do find that the stain lasts for about 4 hours and I like applying a layer of sheer gloss on top for hydration and because it makes my lips look super juicy. If you want to read my full review of the Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain and the Hourglass Aura Sheer Cheek Stain, you can find it here.

Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain

These are my October favourites, what products have you been loving?

2 comments :

  1. The tangle teezer is great I love using it! :)

    Love the polishes :)

    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the Tangle Teezer is truly a miracle in plastic form :) xx

    ReplyDelete

type='text/javascript'/>