Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Refreshing Shampoo Review

I am always on the hunt for a clarifying shampoo that wont completely strip my hair of all it's natural moisture while still cleaning it and removing any build up. It's not much to ask for is it? Well let me tell you there are lots of shampoos out there that have damaged my hair as opposed to helping it. If you are prepared to spend lots of money on hair care then that's great, but I am not prepared to spend lots of shampoo and conditioners which I use up quickly and need to repurchase all the time.

My hair is normal, not too greasy or dry and I don't use a lot of products every day in my hair so I don't need the industrial strength cleaning shampoo. I prefer a gentle clean.

So on my recent trip to CVS I spotted the Tea-Lightfully Clean Refreshing Shampoo ($4.29) I was inspired to seize the moment and give this offering from Herbal Essences a chance for a spot in my bathroom. This shampoo doesn't actually say clarifying anywhere but the ingredients like Cucumber extract and Tea Tree oil have all the clarifying qualities that I am looking for.

So, I have used it twice and what's my verdict? I really like it!! It's not a paraben-free or sulphate-free option so if you are looking for those qualities, this shampoo might not be for you. But for me, it's the gentle once a week clean that I have been hunting for. It also makes my hair smell amazing which is a bonus :)

Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Refreshing Shampoo
Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Refreshing Shampoo
Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Refreshing Shampoo

1 comments :

  1. I just tried this. I also have the matching conditioner and Drama Clean shampoo. I like it. The fragrance is strong but I think it cleans very well. I used it as a body wash and my skin was also really clean. I don't know how much actual tea tree oil is in it but I guess a little is better than none. I still hope they don't get rid of Drama Clean. That's a great cleanser.
    The tea tree conditioner is surprising. It doesn't feel like much in the shower but combing out is so easy, and when my hair dries it's soft. I stocked up today on both, in case they decide to kill them. Every so often, brands totally revamp and some of my favorites are gone. Suave used to be great but it went downhill. Used to love it. And what happened to the OLD White Rain Extra Body shampoo from about seven years ago? Used to clean great, now it's a watered down nightmare.

    ReplyDelete

type='text/javascript'/>